Peter L. Tragos
Peter L. Tragos is a Partner at the Law Offices of Tragos, Sartes & Tragos in Clearwater, Florida. He focuses his entire practice on fighting for injured victims of wrongful death, car accident, and premises liability cases. As far back as law school, Mr. Tragos has been drawn to perfecting the craft of trial work. Mr. Tragos won a national championship while on the mock trial team at Florida State University College of Law, and has tried a host of cases from federal to state and criminal to civil. Recently, Mr. Tragos has expanded his research and education by reviewing and breaking down other trials on his YouTube channel the “Lawyer You Know”. Trial work is his passion and he has been a member of the Florida Bar Association Civil Procedure Rules Committee for a number of years working to edit and create the best, and most just, civil rules for the entire state.
Awards & Accolades
While in law school, Peter Tragos was an award-winning member of the Trial Advocacy Team and Florida State University’s Moot Court Team. As a practicing attorney, he has received the prestigious “Rising Star” designation from Super Lawyers®, and earned the nation’s top 1% honor from the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
Peter is a current member of the Florida Bar’s Civil Procedure Rules Committee (an honor reserved only for attorneys hand selected by the president of the Florida Bar Association), and is the former Vice Chair for the Florida Bar’s Traffic Court Rules Committee.
Peter enjoys giving back to the legal community, avidly volunteering his time and energy as a speaker and presenter on the topics of civil litigation and technology in the legal field, and has also been recognized and awarded for his distinguished pro bono service.
Serving Clients with Excellence and Dedication
While clerking for two respected law firms, Peter L. Tragos gained valuable experience in criminal, personal injury, and medical malpractice litigation. Additionally, he handled complex state and federal prosecutions and litigations. Currently, Attorney Peter L. Tragos’ practice is focused on personal injury, wrongful death, and wage and overtime litigation. Thanks to his trial training and clerking experience, he is highly skilled at analyzing issues and determining the weaknesses in opposing parties’ cases.
Peter L. Tragos’ outstanding achievements have earned him many awards, including:
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40
- American Society of Legal Advocates Top 40 under 40 Litigation Lawyer
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star”
- Civil Procedure Rules Committee Member
- Chair of the FJA Young Lawyers
- 2023 Best Lawyers for Personal Injury Litigation
Notable Appearances and Affiliations
Attorney Peter L. Tragos is not only a leader among young lawyers, but also a husband and father with deep roots in the community and strong commitment to his faith. He is a deacon at BLDG 28 church in Clearwater, Florida, and loves giving back through multiple community outreach programs.
Attorney Tragos believes the most fulfilling aspect of his profession is fighting for the rights of people who can’t fight for themselves; guiding injury victims through a difficult process to produce the best result morally and ethically possible.
- Chair of the Young Lawyers Section of the Florida Justice Association
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Clearwater Bar Association
- Nationally ranked Top 10 under 40 by the National Association of Personal Injury Attorneys
- American Society of Legal Advocates Top 40 Litigation Lawyers Under 40
- A Lifetime Member of Strathmore’s Who’s Who
- Earned a 10.0 Superb Avvo® Rating
- Nations Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Technology Section Chair, Clearwater Bar Association
- Received the O’Ryan Law Firm Constitutional Law Book Award
- Recognized for outstanding pro bono service
- Won the CACJ National Trial Advocacy Championship
- Won the Best Oralist award at the Tulane Mardi Gras Sports Law Competition
- Won the Wooden Tie Award at the State Attorney’s Office for Best Jury Trial Win
- Past Florida Bar Civil Procedure Rules Committee Member
- Past Civil Section Chair, Clearwater Bar Association