Pete A. Sartes
Pete A. Sartes joined the Law Offices of Tragos, Sartes & Tragos in 2001, where he has established the reputation as one of the most respected and accomplished trial attorneys in our area. Mr. Sartes education includes a degree in finance, an MBA and his Juris Doctorate all from his hometown school, the University of Toledo. Additionally, he spent time as an enlisted soldier and an officer in the United States Army. Altogether, his rich, diverse background has cultivated a wide breadth of tactical knowledge that he uses to his clients’ advantage in the courtroom.
In his management of criminal, civil, and personal injury cases, Mr. Sartes is proficient at analyzing cases to determine an effective and strategic plan of action. With an AV® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, his clients trust him with matters ranging from defense of criminal charges to complex civil litigation.
About Pete A. Sartes
Mr. Sartes is also dedicated to serving the community through his work as an educator and mentor. He regularly serves as a guest instructor for legal education programs, such as the Law Day High School Speakers Program. He is also involved in the SCOPE program to mentor new lawyers and has even served as an adjunct college professor. An effective writer, Mr. Sartes’ work has been published in multiple legal journals.
As the only son of Greek immigrants, Mr. Sartes speak English and Greek fluently which allows the firm to overcome language barriers in order to provide effectively legal services to the Greek speaking community.
Recognition In the Media
Mr. Sartes’ accomplishments in his legal career have established him as a well-respected attorney. His opinions and commentary are often sought by news media outlets on relevant legal cases. This is exemplified by his appearances on ABC’s Good Morning America and FOX News. He has also earned the following accolades:
- 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
- Named one of the Top Young Attorneys in Florida by The Wall Street Journal
- AV® 4.8 Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® list
- America’s Most Honored Professionals, 2015
- Top 40 Under 40 by American Society of Legal Advocates
- Top 10 Attorneys by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Notable Appearances and Affiliations
Pete A. Sartes has a rich career in the legal field that began after serving time as a United States Army combat engineer and armor officer. Prior to his role as a shareholder at the Law Offices of Tragos, Sartes & Tragos, Attorney Sartes spent time serving at the Public Defender’s Office in Lucas County, Ohio and at the commercial Brokerage Firm of CB Richard Ellis. Additionally, Mr. Sartes has served the legal community in the following roles:
- Clearwater Bar Technology Committee, former chair
- Clearwater Bar, Young Lawyers Division, past president
- Florida Bar Code & Rules of Evidence Committee, former chair
- Florida Bar Sixth Circuit Grievance Committee, former chair
- Florida Bar Traffic Court Rules Committee, former chair
- Liaison to the Florida Bar Rules of Judicial Administration Committee
- Sixth Judicial Circuit Representative of the Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors
- Florida Bar Federal Practice Committee, member
Mr. Sartes is also a member of the following professional organizations:
- Florida Bar, member
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, member
- Florida Justice Association, member
Licensed to practice in:
- All Florida State Courts
- Federal District Court for the Middle Distract of Florida
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Federal Court of Appeals
- The United States Supreme Court
A devoted husband and father, Pete A. Sartes takes pride in serving his community.
He is immensely proud of the trust that his clients place in him to effectively fight and resolve their cases.