Clearwater Construction Zone Accident Lawyer
Construction zones are a part of life throughout Florida – and beyond. Road construction is important to help keep our highways and byways running smoothly, but when it isn’t well managed, it can also present a real danger to motorists in its midst. If a poorly run road construction site leaves you injured in a car accident, it’s time to consult with an experienced Clearwater road construction accident attorney today.
Construction zones are integral to our nation’s infrastructure, but they are also exceptionally dangerous areas on our roads when they aren’t managed with safety in mind.
In order to build, repair, and alter our roadways, massive vehicles and equipment are naturally necessary. When these vehicles enter or exit traffic suddenly – with little or no warning – life-threatening accidents can ensue. While the person manning that massive machine does not have to worry so much about his or her personal safety, everyone else on the road does, and when these behemoths enter and exit our roads in the midst of the general mayhem of road construction, it can prove deadly.
Another hallmark of road construction is lane changes. Interrupting the flow of swarming traffic is always a dangerous proposition, but when there is plenty of warning and notice for drivers facing the change, the danger decreases significantly. When road construction involves lane changes that incorporate lane closures with little or no warning, the flow of traffic is significantly jarred, and accidents are likely – as motorists scramble to adjust.
Road Zones Can be Chaotic
When you’re driving through road construction that is poorly managed, it can feel like the Wild West (with little oversight or concern for your safety). All of the following can be indicative of a road construction company that doesn’t take safety seriously enough:
- A lack of warning signs and/or signs indicating the need to slow down significantly
- Road construction sites that are littered with debris from the work itself and/or that leave equipment dotting driving lanes
- Flaggers who are inattentive, bored, on their phones, or doing anything other than paying careful attention to the task of safely directing motorists through the dangerous stretch of road
- Excessively narrow lanes that lack adequate warnings and reduced speed requirements
- Uneven roadways that lack adequate warnings and reduced speed requirements
- Potholes in driving lanes that are left unmarked
- An absence of guard rails where they are needed most
While road construction is important to overall road safety, when road construction companies put profits and expediency before safety, they also put everyone on the road at increased risk of being injured.
Turn to an Experienced Road Construction Accident Attorney in Clearwater
If you’re injured as a result of a road construction company’s negligence, the formidable road construction accident attorneys at Tragos, Sartes & Tragos in Clearwater understand the serious nature of the situation and are committed to harnessing the full force of their experience and legal insight in pursuit of your claim’s optimal outcome. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 727-441-9030 today.