Common Truck Accident Causes
Truck accidents are far too common on our roadways, and they are also far too dangerous. The big rigs that share our highways and byways are many, many times heavier and larger than the cars we drive, and this contributes to the fact that we are far more vulnerable to serious injuries than the truck drivers themselves are. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident as a result of someone else’s negligence, consult with an experienced Tampa truck accident attorney today.
The Truck Driver’s Negligence
When it comes to truck safety, the truck drivers themselves are the first line of defense. All too often, truck accidents are caused by truck driver negligence, which can take any number of dangerous forms that include:
- Exhaustion – Truck drivers are professional drivers who are governed by careful hours-of-service restrictions that some truckers fail to adhere to closely enough. Drowsy truck drivers can experience serious impairments that make them dangerous truck drivers.
- Impairment – The law and the trucking industry have no tolerance for truck drivers who imbibe in alcohol and/or drugs before getting behind the wheel. ● Distraction – Maneuvering a massive 18-wheeler safely through traffic requires utmost concentration and care, and there is absolutely no room for distractions. The distraction that continues to take center stage in terms of both danger and prevalence is the smartphone.
- Excess Speed – When it comes to traffic accident statistics, excess speed plays far too significant a role. When the vehicle that’s barreling down the road is an 80,000- pound fully-loaded semi, the danger increases exponentially.
The Trucking Company’s Negligence
The trucking companies that send those semis out on our roads also bear considerable responsibility when it comes to truck safety and can also be at the root of truck accidents. Consider the following:
- Trucking companies that fail to hire safe, experienced truck drivers put everyone on our roadways at increased risk.
- Trucking companies that fail to hire experienced, reliable truck mechanics make truck accidents more likely.
- Trucking companies that fail to implement careful safety and maintenance standards or to enforce them set the stage for dangerous truck accidents. ● Trucking companies that put profits before safety contribute to an unsafe industry culture that helps to perpetuate truck accidents.
Discuss Your Case with a Dedicated Tampa Truck Accident Attorney Today
If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured in a truck accident, you’re looking at a long, difficult path toward recovery ahead of you, and you need one of the resourceful Tampa truck accident lawyers at Tragos, Sartes & Tragos on your side. Our knowledgeable legal team is focused on providing you with the skilled legal guidance you need to help you resolve your case as favorably as possible. Your case matters, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 813-223-6405 for more information today.