Holiday Truck Accident Lawyer
A collision with a truck is one of the most devastating accidents. There are lots of problems to grapple with: physical and psychological damage, lost income, and enormous health-care costs, both for recovery and rehabilitation.
If you or a member of your family has been injured in a collision with a truck, you should speak to an experienced injury lawyer as soon as possible. Holiday truck accident attorneys have the background and the experience to get you the compensation you deserve.
Truck Accident Consequences
Truck accidents can cause devastating injuries including:
- Broken arms and legs
- Severe burns
- Traumatic brain injury
- Multiple lacerations
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
In order to seek compensation for these injuries through an injury claim, it is important to consult with a Holiday truck accident attorney as soon as possible.
Unsafe Lane Changes
Even professional drivers sometimes ignore safety rules, with tragic consequences. This is particularly true with respect to unsafe lane changes.
Unsafe lane changes by any kind of vehicle are very dangerous. With massive trucks, indiscriminate lane changing can spell disaster. When it can be shown that truck drivers broke traffic laws, failed to be aware of their surroundings, or drove negligently in any way, they can be held liable for compensating victims.
Some of the specific violations related to unsafe lane changes that a Holiday truck accident can help with include:
- Failure to signal before changing lanes
- Failure to yield the right of way to cars
- Cutting other vehicles off
- Swerving between two lanes
- Not checking blind spots in rear view or side view mirrors
- Misjudging the distance of other vehicles
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Another common cause of accidents is overloaded trucks. The U.S. Department of Transportation has written specific rules limiting the amount of cargo that can be carried in various kinds of trucks. But trucking companies, seeking extra fees, often flout these rules.
The rules are particularly important when the trucks are hauling chemicals, fuel or other hazardous materials. Some of the specific rules involve:
- Weight limits: If trucks are carrying too much, they may be unable to brake in time to avoid a collision. They are also more prone to tire blowouts, as well as rollovers due to the higher center of gravity created when weight limits are exceeded
- Distribution of weight: All cargo must be evenly distributed by weight, and properly secured or packed, so as to avoid any shifting around while on the road
- Inspections: Drivers are required to periodically check their payload while in transit, and must record these checks in their driver log
Obeying the Rules
The trucking industry is regulated by the U.S. Department of Transportation, which issues detailed rules – the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations – about how many miles truck drivers can travel during specific time periods, how long their rest breaks must be, what kind of cargo can be carried in different kinds of trucks, and more.
Holiday truck accident attorneys can hire investigators to go to work immediately to find out whether the truck that hit their client’s vehicle was in compliance with these federal rules. Evidence that it was not in compliance will go a long way toward helping their client win their case or negotiate a substantial settlement.
Trying to win compensation from a trucking company or its insurer can be tougher than seeking damages after an accident with another motorist. Trucking companies have lawyers on their side who have handled many similar cases in the past. That is why someone needs experienced advocates on their side as well.
Consult with a Truck Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one have suffered these kinds of injuries due to a truck driver’s negligence, contact a Holiday truck accident attorney right away so that you can get the compensation you deserve.