Florida Windstorm Damage Claims Attorneys
Although the strength, type, and frequency may vary, dangerous and devastating windstorms can occur anywhere and at any time in Florida. While wind might not seem like the most damaging threat to your property when compared to hurricanes, it can still damage your property and cost you a lot of money.
If your home has been wrecked by a windstorm, you can count on the Tampa windstorm damage claim lawyers of Tragos, Sartes & Tragos to help you with your insurance claim.
Common Types of Damage Caused by Windstorms
The potential scale and severity of the damage that a windstorm can bring increases as its speed also increases. However, even strong winds that seemingly common thunderstorms produce can cause costly damage. Windstorms typically the following types of damage:
- Roof Damage – The most common damage that properties sustain after windstorms is roof damage, specifically to the shingles, roof membrane, seams, and flashings. The damage can be more expensive in properties with mixed roofing types and skywalks.
- Window Damage – Strong winds can easily tear window seals, smash glass, and leave craters and cracks in the glass parts. When assessing your windows for potential damage, pay close attention to the glass because minor cracks and leaks that are left unaddressed can cause further damage and more expensive repairs in the future.
- Damage to Doors and Exterior Walls – At extremely high speeds, windstorms can tear or strip away exterior wall coverings and significantly damage exterior doors. When windstorm damage is these extensive, temporary, quick repairs are needed for mitigating further damage and ensuring your property’s safety.
- Damage to Exterior Equipment, Structures, and Vehicles – Swimming pools, decks, landscaping, trees, motor vehicles, electrical components, and equipment for communications and heating and cooling can be damaged by very strong windstorms.
With severe windstorms brought about by hurricanes and tornadoes, homes and buildings can partially or completely collapse, particularly if their structures haven’t been maintained properly or are not designed to withstand strong winds. High winds can likewise bring down even the strongest trees and send all sorts of debris flying around that may damage or puncture properties. This kind of damage can even be more severe than the direct damage windstorms can bring.
Consult with Our Experienced Windstorm Damage Claim Lawyers Serving Tampa, St. Pete, and Clearwater
Your precious home or business space may well be one of your biggest investments. But profit-focused insurance companies are notorious for executing strategies for delaying, lowballing, or denying claims with high-dollar amounts, which is very common with windstorm damage claims. In these situations, the Tampa windstorm damage claim lawyers of Tragos, Sartes & Tragos can help. We are prepared to take on unscrupulous insurance companies by:
- Gathering all the necessary evidence to support your windstorm damage claim.
- Making sure that the insurance company’s valuation of your property is accurate and fair.
- Disproving any excuses that the insurance company gives for offering a low settlement amount or denying your claim.
- Fighting for your legal rights in court if necessary.
To set up your free case review with our Tampa windstorm damage claim lawyer, reach us online or call 727-441-9030.